Sunday, March 9, 2014

"Come to Work with Me"


                                                    Come to work with me!



         What a whirl wind couple of months! Busy as beavers has The Country Yard team been! Planning, cutting, stitching (& more stitching!) piecing, packing & several coffee's to keep us going. But it has all been worth it & so much fun!
Every year The Country Yard has two big events, our Annual exhibition held in October showcasing projects, BOM's & kits made from by The Country Yard loyal customers who buy & make these quilty goodies. Then in March we have our New Years Launch. This day is for showing all the new fabrics, kits & BOM's we have to offer. This year was extra special because we celebrated 10 years in business. I have only worked at the shop for six years, but I feel like I have been there from babyhood, to love your job is a fabulous thing!
So come join me for a look, starting with just a few snapshots of the stunning grounds, to the revamp of the shop to all it's glory.


      
   
               Sometimes you have to create a mess to create peace & harmony...............................................          
   
                          need to see more?.......................................................

    
Kerryn, the owner of The Country Yard (also my boss & friend) was so heart warmed by all our loyal customers from the previous ten years that she wanted to say thank you to them. What better way than a VIP evening! More cutting, organising & prettying things up for some "thank you" goodie bags.


Sometimes you see a saying that says it all, in this case it is stitched on one of our cushions from our Red & White Cushion club........................................


 This was the case, so many happy faces & warm thoughts shared. When a quilt shop creates a community, they are more than just a shop. They are a place for friends to gather.

Next post I will share the quilting I did for the shop, remember all those sneak peeks, well the wait is nearly over my bloggy friends. Until then I will leave you will another collage of more shop displays.



15 comments:

  1. Wasn't it a great day! Such team work, I hope you have your feet up? HeHe

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post Leeanne - such a special day & a busy time for all you girls - would love to have "popped by " but at least I can get to drool over all your blog pictures. Just beautiful all of it ... & I adore that red cushion especially :-) Yes I hope you have your feet up like Raewyn says :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great post Leeanne. Your collage of photos certainly does justice to an amazing display. It was so inspiring to walk into the shop on Friday evening. Thank you to all the team at my favourite quilt shop for inviting me along to a wonderful celebration. It was a real privilege to be part of a special celebration.

      Delete
  3. Nice to sit back and take a stroll through the shop in pictures. Sometimes when you are in the midst of all the hurry and flurry you don't take time to step back and enjoy the view so thank you Leeanne for taking us on this journey! A great team effort and a love for what we do made for an absolutely awesome couple of days and to be able to share it with other like minded people is a real blessing. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How dense am I that I have not caught on before that you and Raewyn work at the same shop?!?
    A very cool event. What a great shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky Leeanne to work in a job you love!! I would love it also, thou in saying that not sure how much wages would end up in the bank as I would be constantly buying!
    You deserve a rest!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Leeanne, that would be my dream job to work in a shop like that.
    I would visit if I was there....looks like a friendly warm shop.
    Best wishes.
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post and photos of that lovely shop, it takes me back to the one visit I brought there! Congrats on 10 years!
    What a lovely cushion, with that sweet Raggedy Annie!
    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shop looks fab - so much inspiration on the walls! Looking forward to seeing the 'reveals' :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great place to work, wish I wasn't at the other end of the country, sounds like a fun day. The shop looks fabulous looks like lots of hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely place to work and it really is the best feeling when you love everything about your job x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Sounds like it was a successful weekend! Shame I couldn't be there, but glad I popped in beforehand. I'm sure you all deserve another cup of coffee now after all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was a blast Leeanne. You girls do put on an extra special show at this time of year. It was also extra special to be part of the 10yr birthday celebrations. Here's to another 10yrs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your shop is amazing and all the quilt samples are gorgeous! Lucky customers!!

    ReplyDelete