Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Jelly roll layer cake quilt



Nicki asked me to quilt and all over quilting design on her quilt made from a jelly roll and layer cake. I chose a green- taupe variegated thread.


This is a reasonably large quilt measuring 79" x 92". This braid design quilt is the first I have seen with the braids running horizontal, usually they are vertical.



You can see the pattern well on the back.............................................


Notice the 'supervisor' gave a brief appearance......................................


"When my humans are being boring I like to get their attention with activities such as tapping on my cat door until the noise drives them crazy, or getting my paw under a cupboard and flicking it in and out, it makes a fabulous banging sound that gets their attention everytime".


                "They have such boring lives my humans , they need me to entertain them".

12 comments:

  1. Always liked the braid patter but like yourself only usually see nit in a vertical setting, love the colours and lovely all over quilting pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice braid pattern and your quilting is beautiful! The Supervisor needs to keep the humans under control!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen horizontal braids, either. Interesting.
    My Mom has a saying hanging in her home "Dogs think they are human. Cats know they are." : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see the cat has his periscope up! That's what I say when Tiger walks at the end of the bed, all we see is the tip of his tail bobbing along, Tiger's got his periscope up! lol Love that photo, I reckon his tail should be in every photo, like a trade mark lol Like the quilt, especially the quilting :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilt & quilting there Leeanne. An interesting assortment of colours & fabrics used, looks really effective. Love the supervisor, see he is still leading his stressful life :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilting Leeanne. I bet Nicki was very happy with the result.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen a horizontal braid either - the stripey border is effective too and Nicki should be well pleased with the quilt :-).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same here Leeanne, I love it horizontal.
    Gorgeous quilt and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another lovely quilt. And my favourite cat!! Tex hits the screen door until we let him in. He has been known to tap me on the face with the claws OUT in the morning while I am trying to sleep when he NEEDS feeding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My cat won't even come near me when I am sewing.Great quilting - love variegated thread for things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely quilting.. it really adds texture to the quilt! I'm curious, I think of all-over quilting as edge-to-edge, yes? so did you do it vertically or horizontally? Hard to tell from the pics, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely quilt and quilting.......and the supervisor looks quite at home, I have a helper just like him!!!

    ReplyDelete